Saturday, June 07, 2008

Groovin'

I really can't help myself. I get such a kick out of knitting up little outfits for the Groovy Girls!


This one was entirely improvised from start to finish. First I picked the stitch pattern for the skirt and started knitting.


Then I thought about how the dress would fit, what type of closure it would have, and whether it would have sleeves. This bright orange and yellow seemed so summery that I decided to make it a strapless sundress. The ribbon lacing was a brainstorm I had just as I finished knitting and I think it worked out really well.


Finally, after all the schizophrenic weather we've had around here this spring - sunny and hot one day then grey, cold, and raining the next - I thought maybe a little shrug was called for. I'm so pleased with the result, since it was entirely made up as I went along and I had no idea whether it would actually work or not.


Another Groovy outfit has just come off the needles and is only awaiting a velcro fastener before making its debut. And no, neither of these is the project that I'm sick and tired of, but it will be appearing here soon, I promise.

4 comments:

Heather said...

OMG that is so cute! You should write those patterns down as you go along...people pay for patterns this cute!

Sharon Hurlbut said...

Thanks Heather! I do write down the patterns as I go, just in case I want to make another one someday. I know lots of people are really into those Blythe dolls and making clothes for them, but I think I might be the only one doing it for Groovy Girls.

Kate Evans said...

These are great! Very cute.

Sharon Hurlbut said...

Thanks Kate!