Monday, February 11, 2008

Sure, I'm still knitting...

...for the Groovy Girls.




Right now I've got a top secret project on the needles. Originally intended as a Valentine's Day surprise for the girls, until I gave in and acknowledged there was no way it would be done in time. Now I'm taking a more relaxed approach, and when it's done, it's done. It'll be sweet. Think Spring. Think dress-up. And here's another hint: their American Girl dolls, Samantha and Nellie, will match Emma and Kate. Oooh, I can hardly stand the wait!

3 comments:

k1tchenwitch said...

I seriously want to learn to knit now. These are so cute, and I bet your girls are going to love your surprise when you're finished!

Once you get going with the knitting, do your hands sort of work on their own? I mean, can you watch TV and knit at the same time? Also: is it hard to learn?

Sharon Hurlbut said...

Yes, come on, learn to knit!!! I get most of my knitting done while watching videos in the evening, so yes, it's definitely something you can do while attending to other things. I knit while my girls are in gymnastics, in the car (as long as I'm not the one driving), and just about anywhere else I can. As long as you're not knitting lace or some other complex pattern, you don't really have to look at what your hands are doing.

My grandmother taught me the very basics of knitting long long ago, and then I never did anymore after that until 3 years ago, when a friend of mine had a Stitch N Bitch party. I didn't expect to be interested in the knitting part of it at all, just went to hang out with other adult women, but I was hooked immediately. I've taught myself everything I know about it along the way. It's not hard. (C'mon, do it, do it!)

Maryanne Stahl said...

could you just be my mommy?