Sunday, September 03, 2006

sock yarn stash

Among many other fun things this summer, I've been shopping for sock yarn everywhere we go.


Socks that Rock! I've been dying to try this yarn for a while, and now I've finally got some. From front to back, these are Siren Song, Blue Brick Wall, and Prism. I've just started a pair of socks for my husband with the Blue Brick Wall and it is wonderful! Easy to knit with and fabulous stitch definition.



Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Vera colorway. This makes me think of Fall, which is my favorite season. Hopefully, I'll make myself a pair of socks with it before Fall has come and gone. Lorna's Laces is a dream to knit with because it's so smooth and soft.



These are some yarns I got during our vacation in Boise back in July. The yellow and blue are Louet Gems Baby Pearl, which I hadn't seen before. The yellow is for me, the blue for Emma and Kate. I'm hoping there's enough for ankle socks for the three of us. The orange is On Line Supersocke and I'm thinking it will make a nice pair of sunny socks to get me through the long grey Oregon winter.

3 comments:

Arlene said...

oooh, these yarns are absolutely gorgeous, sharon!! love how they change colors — the ones my mom has are still only one-toned.

have fun knitting!
a.

michi said...

looks like beautiful yarn for beautiful knitwear. or knit-snakes. for inspiration there, see my blog. ;)

Sharon Hurlbut said...

Hi Arlene! The first two sets of yarn (Socks That Rock and Lorna's Laces) are dyed by hand so they are really unique. It's a blast to knit with them and watch the color patterns emerge.

Michi, ooh, I've got to run over and see what kind of knit snakes you have. Sounds interesting!