Friday, September 15, 2006

a poem and an acceptance

Strong Verse is featuring another one of my poems this week: He Speaks Stars.

And I'm thrilled to report that I heard from Kalliope last week with an acceptance of my flash "Sugar Blues" for the Spring 2007 issue. Coming almost 18 months after I submitted the piece, this was quite a surprise. I guess it pays to be patient!

Although I've been sick and haven't had the energy to work on submissions, I have a ton of stuff ready to go out, including both fiction and poetry. With any luck, I'll have more acceptances to report in the future.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's awesome, Sharon. I've only heard wonderful things about Kalliope!

lorguru said...

Wow, congratulations!
I hope you feel better soon.
-lauren

Cheryl said...

Wonderful, Sharon! Congrats.

michi said...

hooray! congrats, sharon! yes, do send out more. your poetry rocks.

m

Sharon Hurlbut said...

Stephanie, Lauren, Cheryl, Michi - thank you all for your comments!! I'm pretty excited about Kalliope since this will be my first publication in a magazine that can actually be found on bookstore shelves.

Patry Francis said...

Oh yes, Kalliope is a lovely mag--and it's been around a long time. Many congrats!

Sharon Hurlbut said...

Thanks Patry!