Well, the 10 Interesting Things meme finally caught up with me (thanks, Patricia!). I don't know about interesting, but here's 10 things about me:
1. I'm a compulsive alphabetizer. Every book, CD, and DVD in my house is in alphabetical order. Even my lit mags are alphabetized. I may have missed out on a stellar career as a librarian.
2. I got a dirt bike (as in motorcycle) for my 12th birthday. When I tried it out in the backyard, nobody bothered to make sure I knew what I was doing. I didn't. I had no clue about the clutch. I jumped on, hit the kickstart, and twisted the accelerator. It was a short ride in a vertical direction.
3. I met my husband at archaeological field school. It was love at first sight, though I thought he was much older and he thought I was much younger (we're the same age). We got married six months to the day after we met.
4. I once found a pornographic potshard while on survey in the Arizona desert. I didn't even see the explicit picture in the field because the piece was crusted over with caliche, but when the technician washed it in the lab, it was clear as day. I never heard the end of it.
5. My alternate career choice was concert pianist, but I couldn't take the stress of competition and got terribly nervous playing for people. My piano teacher was extremely disappointed when I wouldn't even try out for Julliard.
6. I once encountered a very malevolent spirit while in a half-asleep dreamlike state. It was a white female form that called me by name and tried to get me to come with her, but every ounce of my being said to fight it. It exuded evil. Much later, I found out that my father and my aunt had independently had the same experience in that house.
7. I've re-read the Lord of the Rings trilogy every year for more than 20 years.
8. One summer during college I took the train from the West coast to the East coast and back again. I traveled with my mom in a small sleeper compartment with seats and a table that folded down into a bottom bunk, a top bunk that pulled down, and the thinnest closet in the history of the world. It was one of the best and most unique experiences of my life.
9. I wrote my dissertation on the taphonomic signature of cannibalism. If you need to know what people look like after they've been cut up, cooked, and eaten, I'm your gal.
10. I'm semi-ambidextrous. I'm left handed, but aside from writing, I do nearly everything else as well or better with my right hand.
And now for the really fun part - I get to do some tagging of my own. Let's hear 10 interesting things about Ginger Hamilton Caudill. Ginger, what do you think?