It's been ages since I wrote much on this blog. Life gets going and before you know it, six months has passed in a flash. Somehow it's easier to toss up a Facebook status update than write something a little longer, a paragraph or two, a couple of photos, and post them here. I'm hoping to rectify that. Is anyone still out there reading this?
Here's a rundown of the latest news from my corner of the world:
– I've been in the hospital since Sunday. Just got discharged yesterday and it feels good to be home. I had my biggest kidney stone ever, which got stuck on its way down and out. They had to put me under and use sound waves to break it up. I'm hoping that never happens again.
– I haven't been writing. It's sad but true. There's so much going on with the girls these days - music lessons, Girl Scouts, gymnastics, swimming, school. It's always my 'me time' that gets pushed to the very back. I'd like to change that. Don't know if I can.
– I haven't submitted much lately, either, but have had a few acceptances nevertheless. Upcoming publications include fourW twenty, Fifth Wednesday Review, Big Muddy, Carousel, and The Interpreter's House.
– The whole family has been sick over the past 3 weeks. Kate's had a sinus infection. I had a cold which became a sinus infection (still working on that). Dennis had a cold/sinus infection. Emma had the flu. We're hoping for better health soon, but in the meantime, we've been taking good care of each other.
– We bought a new car! Thanks to substantial help from my folks, we were able to buy the Toyota Sienna we've been dreaming about for the past few years. I do miss my PT Cruiser, but I'm loving the van with all its space, smooth and quiet ride, and new car smell.
What have you been up to? If you're still reading my little blog, won't you leave a comment and let me know how things are in your corner of the world...