Sunday, December 28, 2008

Prick of the Spindle

I have two poems now live in Prick of the Spindle:

Combatant
Picking Through the Rubble at Midnight

And speaking of spindles, I still can't believe what my parents got me for Christmas: a Kromski Sonata spinning wheel!!! It's gorgeous and it folds up surprisingly small into its own carrying bag. I haven't used it yet, partly because I have no idea what I'm doing, but mostly because I've been really sick the last few days.

In other news, I've almost finished my 20th round of 30 poems in 30 days, all our beautiful snow has melted away, and I've eaten enough cookies to choke an elephant. I think I'll go have another...

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Wow, a spinning wheel! Next we'll be reading that you have a pet alpaca, haha! Will you learn dyeing techniques? Stephanie Pearl McPhee makes some lovely multi-colored yarns on her spinning wheel... A whole new hobby!