1. Writers get even less sun than math nerds.
2. A reader can find meaning in any poem.
3. A poem can mean something different to each reader.
4. Reed College has its own nuclear reactor.
5. The f-bomb is de rigeur at public readings.
6. Poets are the Rodney Dangerfields of the writing world: we get no respect, no respect at all.
7. Mosquitos are fond of outdoor readings next to stagnant ponds at night.
8. Jugglers have more fun.
9. There's no substitute for a good story.
10. Writers don't drink nearly as much as archaeologists.