Sunday, June 18, 2006

A Poem

Greetings from the Blogosphere

Hey, kids!

It's coming along swimmingly
after all these years of diligent study
before, during, and after
reflections on fresh pineapple.
I rather like to think I'm improving.
Reasons? There are two.
Absence makes the heart grow drunker,
and dreaming of what I could knit
I should say something, I think.

(Now can I have a puppy?)


- created using lines from the following blogs (in order of appearance) that I read regularly:

Dave Clapper
Bagatell
Patry Francis
Michaela Gabriel
Myfanwy Collins
Arlene Ang
Grumperina
Amanda Auchter
Knit and Tonic
Nathan McClain
Yarn Harlot

7 comments:

michi said...

i read it at ITWS the other day, made me smile. :) and thanks for using my blog entry title in this. *S*
m

Sharon Hurlbut said...

Michi - Thanks! A little silliness, but fun.

Debra - Glad it made you smile. Keep an eye out - you never know if you might be included in the next one!

Dave Clapper said...

This is great! How did I miss this?

Stephanie said...

This is pretty darn clever. I'm glad Dave pointed this out. I missed it!

Sharon Hurlbut said...

Thanks Dave, for pointing this out on your blog! I'm glad you got such a kick out of it.

Stephanie - Thanks!

Dave Clapper said...

Well, I just too a shot at it, but it isn't nearly as good as yours. Hopefully, Stephanie will do one, too.

(Sorry if this posts twice. It didn't seem to take the first time.)

Amanda Auchter said...

Absence makes the heart grow drunker: I'm so glad you used this line from ym blog!